Anaphylaxis can be accompanied by symptoms that develop rapidly within minutes, or over a period of hours. When you come into contact with an allergen, treatment should be given immediately if any of the following symptoms occur:
Only a few of the following symptoms may be present, however some can be LIFE-THREATENING.
- Tightening of the throat, hoarseness
- Tingling and swelling of the lips, eyes and face
- Shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing
- Weak pulse, light-headedness or unconsciousness
- Itchy rash
- Sense of impending doom
- Vomiting, diarrhoea, cramps
- A metallic taste or itching in the mouth
- Faster heart rate
- Rapidly decreasing blood pressure (in this case they are likely to go pale)
If you experience any or all of these symptoms, it is time to use Jext® and call 999 (or 112 for Ireland), ask for an ambulance and say ‘anaphylaxis’. Always use your medicine as you were instructed by your doctor. It is important to remember that the pattern of symptoms you experience may be different from previous reactions.
Jext® is designed for you to use quickly and confidently in an emergency, to treat a severe allergic reaction and give you time to get to a hospital or medical centre.